- DONOR COUNTRIES
- PROSPECTIVE DONORS
- FOR UN DEPARTMENTS
- CURRENT ASSOCIATE EXPERTS
- HOW TO APPLY
United Nations JPO Programme recruits Junior Professional Officers (Associate Experts) for the UN Secretariat and its entities:
- United Nations Secretariat
(Headquarters and Field offices, incl. Peacekeeping Operations and Special Political Missions)
- Secretariat of the United Nations System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB)
- Joint Inspection Unit (JIU)
- Regional Commissions (ECA, ECE, ESCWA, ECLAC, ESCAP)
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- International Court of Justice and United Nations Tribunals
- United Nations Secretariat of the Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
- United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- United Nations Regional Centre for Preventive Diplomacy in Central Asia (UNRCCA)
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
- United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)
Disclaimer: It has been brought to our attention that fraudulent e-mail messages are being sent by individuals (alias "Eduardo Blanco" claiming to be representatives of the UN JPO Programme (Associate Experts Programme) requesting the submission of CV/PHPs. Please do not respond to those requests.The UN has taken action in an effort to stop such fraudulent e-mails from being distributed.
The 11th Meeting of Partner Countries and UN Organizations on the JPO Programmes in the UN System will take place in April 2017 in Bonn/Germany.
Morocco has joined the UN JPO Programme in February 2016!
UN JPO Programme News 2015:
We are pleased to announce that China has joined the UN JPO Programme in May 2015!
10th Meeting of Partner Countries and UN Agencies on the JPO Programmes, 28-30 April 2015, The Hague, The Netherlands, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Associate Experts are recruited under bilateral agreements between the UN and Donor countries for development projects or regional projects within the UN's wide fields of competence.
Associate Experts are generally nationals of Donor countries, however some Donors agree to finance nationals of developing countries. Candidates are young professionals usually with an advanced university degree and two years of professional experience.
Interested in applying to be an Associate Expert? Read more below and check the donor country websites on the right for vacancies.
Download the Personal History StatementDisclaimer: It has been brought to our attention that fraudulent e-mail messages are being sent by individuals claiming to be representatives of the UN JPO Programme requesting the submission of CV/PHPs. The UN has taken action in an effort to stop such fraudulent e-mails from being distributed.