Thus far seven Task Forces have been created
:: Voluntary initiatives led by governments
The Marrakech Task Forces are voluntary initiatives led by governments, which - in co-operation with various other partners from the North and the South - commit themselves to carrying out a set of concrete activities at a national or regional level that promote a shift to SCP patterns.
The Task Forces are supporting the implementation of SCP projects such as
- eco-labeling in Africa;
- national action plans on SCP;
- developing tools and supporting capacity building in the areas of sustainable public procurement;
- sustainable tourism projects;
- networks on product policy to encourage more innovation in product eco-design and performance;
- sharing best policy practices on energy efficiency in buildings; and
- promotion of sustainable lifestyles and education.