- DONOR COUNTRIES
- PROSPECTIVE DONORS
- FOR UN DEPARTMENTS
- CURRENT ASSOCIATE EXPERTS
- HOW TO APPLY
United Nations Associate Experts Programme recruits Associate Experts/ JPOs for the UN Secretariat and UN entities administered by it:
- United Nations Secretariat
(Headquarters and Field offices, incl. Peacekeeping Operations and Special Political Missions)
- Secretariat of the United Nations System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB)
- Joint Inspection Unit (JIU)
- Regional Commissions (ECA, ECE, ESCWA, ECLAC, ESCAP)
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- International Court of Justice and United Nations Tribunals
- United Nations Secretariat of the Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
- United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- United Nations Regional Centre for Preventive Diplomacy in Central Asia (UNRCCA)
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
- United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)
Watch the video "Women of the UN Working to Make a Difference" aiming to attract women to apply to positions at the P-5 and above levels, and for difficult-to-fill positions in our field operations as well as in aviation, engineering, security.
The Final Report of the 9th Meeting of National Recruitment Services and UN Organizations on the AE/JPO/APO Programmes, held in April 2013 in Stockholm is on-line (accessible for donors and UN Departments)
Associate Experts are recruited under bilateral agreements between the UN and Donor countries for development projects or regional projects within the UN's wide fields of competence.
Associate Experts are generally nationals of Donor countries, however some Donors agree to finance nationals of developing countries. Candidates are young professionals usually with an advanced university degree and two years of professional experience.
Interested in applying to be an Associate Expert? Read more below and check the donor country websites on the right for vacancies.
The Dutch AE/JPO Programme
(Closing date 29 June 2014)