- DONOR COUNTRIES
- PROSPECTIVE DONORS
- FOR UN DEPARTMENTS
- CURRENT ASSOCIATE EXPERTS
- HOW TO APPLY
United Nations Associate Experts Programme recruits Associate Experts/ JPOs for the UN Secretariat and UN entities administered by it:
- United Nations Secretariat
(Headquarters and Field offices, incl. Peacekeeping Operations and Special Political Missions)
- Secretariat of the United Nations System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB)
- Joint Inspection Unit (JIU)
- Regional Commissions (ECA, ECE, ESCWA, ECLAC, ESCAP)
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- International Court of Justice and United Nations Tribunals
- United Nations Secretariat of the Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
- United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- United Nations Regional Centre for Preventive Diplomacy in Central Asia (UNRCCA)
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
- United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)
US JPO Programme - Call for applications for US citizens
Closing date extended to 20 May 2016
Dutch JPO Programme - Application period closed
JPO in Human Rights, OHCHR in Dakar - vacancy addressed to Dutch candidates only
closing date was 17 April 2016
Morocco has joined the UN JPO Programme in February 2016!
UN JPO Programme News 2015:
We are pleased to announce that China has joined the UN JPO Programme in May 2015!
10th Meeting of Partner Countries and UN Agencies on the JPO Programmes, 28-30 April 2015, The Hague, The Netherlands, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The United Arab Emirates joined the United Nations Associate Experts Programme on 24 September 2014.
Her Excellency Lana Zaki Nusseibeh, Permanent Representative of the UAE to the UN has signed the MoU on behalf of the UAE government, while the UN was represented by Mr Wu Hongbo, Under-Secretary General for Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA).
Associate Experts are recruited under bilateral agreements between the UN and Donor countries for development projects or regional projects within the UN's wide fields of competence.
Associate Experts are generally nationals of Donor countries, however some Donors agree to finance nationals of developing countries. Candidates are young professionals usually with an advanced university degree and two years of professional experience.
Interested in applying to be an Associate Expert? Read more below and check the donor country websites on the right for vacancies.