:: GOAL ::
The goal of the Task Force is for 10% of countries in all regions of the world to have sustainable public procurement programmes in place by 2010.
The principal objective is to promote and support the implementation of public procurement programmes that encourage the uptake of sustainable products and services.
:: Key Activities
Some of the key activities are
- to develop practical guidance and toolkits for sustainable public procurement,
- to carry out research and prepare policy papers on SPP,
- to promote SPP through training and assistance, and
- to facilitate dialogue and work amongst stakeholders and countries on SPP.
:: Status Assessment
One of the instruments to being used to help the Task Force reach its goal is the online Status Assessment, which enables new starters and experienced practitioners to:
- Identify what's happening nationally/organisationally on SPP
- Understand the steps needed to improve SPP
- Access sources of help and guidance to improve SPP
- Compare their SPP approach with others
- Raise awareness of the international commitment to SPP